Sunday, May 10, 2015

The Autumn Leaf.

Oh dear autumn leaf,
How serenely you lay here
In the midst of the hullabaloo
You seem to be getting nowhere
The autumn leaf smiled patiently
Hearing me question her passivity
''I've had my time over there'', pointed she
Towards the tree and its lush green leaves.
'But don't you fear getting forgotten?
Asked I with piqued mind
That nobody would remember your existence
Neither the human nor your own kind.
She sighed a big sigh and then answered peacefully
''The tree knows, the wind knows and i know
That my existence mattered to them
As much as their own for a while.''
''Nothing lasts forever, not even the tree himself
So stop being blue and enjoy the green leaves''.
I walk back to my abode, reflecting on those words
Finally stopped fearing the fear of being forgotten.
Image Courtesy: wallpaperstock.net

No comments:

Post a Comment

Type your comment here